We are happy to announce Plumbr 1.0RC3 – a new release that greatly improves speed and leak detection accuracy, includes a demo application for fast demoing of Plumbr and fixes some smaller bugs. We are a big step closer to finally releasing the first official Plumbr 1.0, and perhaps also removing the BETA tag from our logo
- Greatly improved leak analysis performance (in some cases analysis time was reduced by up to 20-30 times).
- In response to popular demand, improved Plumbr visibility during runtime – we created a JMX interface that allows seeing Plumbr status in real time. See the Frequently Asked Questions section for more details on that.
- Added a demo to the download package that includes a jetty web server with a deployed Spring Pet Clinic sample application (that we “improved” with a memory leak) and an Apache jMeter script for simulating usage of the application. You can use the demo to let Plumbr create a memory leak under your own eyes
- Dramatically reduced the amount of memory statistics data stored on your hard drive.
- Easier upload of memory usage statistics to our servers – Plumbr can also upload stats automatically now.
- Fixed different smaller bugs in analysis algorithms.
- Fixed a bug where Plumbr agent didn’t work on Windows when it was in a directory that contained spaces.