Software Technology and Applications Competence Centre (STACC)
- Project number:
- Project period:
- 01.09.2015 – 31.12.2022
- 96 000 EUR (co-funded: European Regional Development Fund)
Description of the project:
The vision of the Software Technology and Applications Competence Centre (STACC) is to become a leading R&D organisation where companies and public sector agencies can access expertise in (big) data analytics and codevelop visionary technology product. STACC’s main business is providing data analytics and data privacy protection services to help companies to bring highquality services faster to the market. STACC has four strategic development areas:
- Data Analytics for Software and Systems Optimization,
- SpatioTemporal Data Analytics,
- Big Data and Security, and
- EHealth and Personalised Medicine.
STACC strongly contributes to Estonian IT education and enhances research partners’ capacity in the field of data analytics and its applications.
The main objective of the Project is to turn STACC into a leading and economically independent R&D organisation where companies can access expertise in data analytics and codevelop visionary technology products.
- Estonia has a world-class technology competence centre with a substantial expertise in data analytics that support Estonian ICT sectorˇ
- STACC helps 23+ companies to bring their scalable technology products faster to global market in the frames of the CC Program and helps more than 50 companies by providing services commercially in the field of data analytics
- Ratio of sales generated from new products for partner enterprises rises 41%, their R&D costs increase in average 4% and added value per employee 12,5% per year
- STACC strongly contributes to Estonian IT education and enhances research partners’ capacity in the field of data analytics and its applications.